Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Asura's Outrage

It was so full of adrenalin, even if it was a glorified Dragon Slayer
Just now, I had begun watching my hulu playlist which consisted mostly of video game trailers and other such content. At the top of that playlist was a trailer for upcoming DLC content of the game Asura's Wrath, an action video game that has caught my eye. Here is a link to the following trailer that I saw on hulu as seen on youtube.



When I was watching the trailer I found that included in the upcoming DLC were full animation episodes or OVAs which was an interesting add-on that would make the experience that is Asura's Wrath all the more....."Gar" for lack of a better word.

And then this little notation came up about 32 seconds into the video.

My first reaction to that little revelation of the original game was the internet famed WTF, and I am sure that many of you would agree that my outburst was well called for. The "true" ending of the game is not on the disk? The real ending is sold separately?!

My friends, I have feared that such a day had come ever since I heard of the controversy behind Mass Effect 3's ending and the indoctrination theory and the day of doom had arrived. How dare video game developers such as Capcom do such a thing to their customers, their fans, to force them to buy extra content on a story that they paid full price in the first place. Side missions and side quests independent/complimentary to the main story I can understand, but the ending?!

This is an outrage that I simply cannot stand any longer, and I was looking forward to adding the game to my library just for Capcom to pull a move such as this. It may be highly praised but such business tactics must be boycotted, to show these greedy interactive entertainment companies that we are not okay with the idea that we have to pay full price for a game only for them to withhold the conclusion to the game for ransom. Show them that we are not amused by the very idea that crucial portions of the game that we have sunk as much as sixty USD that is, in effect, incomplete.

Capcom has had poor public relations to its business model and tactics, but this is just taking it too far. We must cry out with one voice and with the revenues that they have lost that enough is enough and we will not tolerate such stupidity any more. We must unite against this affront to show them that such actions will not go unpunished.

Yet even if Capcom somehow learned from this debacle, I fear the future of video games, that this is but a sample of things to come in the coming decades....and oh how I wish I was wrong on that note.

Image provided by Geek Spire.com, video provided by gamespot channel on youtube.


Get your Portable ID!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home