Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Return of the Absolution

Oh such nostalgia such a silhouette held....
Just the other day, the third of April to be exact, a long time Instant Messenger friend of mine who goes by the screen name of Sketcher25 had enlightened me to a rather interesting development on the Adult Swim programming block last April Fools night. Instead of their usual run of the movie "The Room", which I have yet to see but from what I've been told it's a good thing, they instead gave a little teaser to an older programming block known as Toonami. In particular the one which showed T.O.M 3.0 and the Absolution II from back in my teenage years.

I was very distraught in that I was occupied with the viewing of the movie "Hugo" with my own family at the time and as such completely ignorant that it had even occurred. Yet at the same time, I was so pleased that there was someone on that network that was kind enough (or cruel, depending upon one's point of view) to show all those who had grew up with Toonami up until it's cancellation in 2008 a bit of nostalgia. It just brings a tear to my eye that a great chunk of my younger days had come back and remind me of more........simpler times for lack of a better word even if it is a one time deal.

I was also told, in this conversation with my long time internet friend that there is a twitter page with the simple question of "Want it back? Let us know." which deals with Toonami.

Personally, I would LOVE for them to bring back that oh so nostalgic programming bloc, though I would prefer a certain change to it: One version for the kiddies to show animation appropriate to those of the tween-to-early teens age group, the other for we Toonami veterans who are a bit more "mature" for lack of a better term in our media content. It could be the programming block before Adult Swim for all I can and even be where Cartoon Network could place all of their non-kid friendly or safe Anime licenses into the Late Nite Toonami bloc while the Adult Swim bloc features their "original" programming from such studios as Willams Street. Frankly, I'm not too fond of what they have created and showcased, especially in those live action and poorly animated shows that seems to be more centered upon the more narcodically induced college student of the day.

So if you, my fellow readers, have held any pleasent memories associated with Toonami, I urge you to go to the twitter page and demand Toonami's return. It'll probably reverse some of the more "unfavorable" decisions made by Cartoon Network.

Image courtesy of www.bopmyspace.com


Get your Portable ID!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home