Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Kinect Shock 4, Part 2

Well, E3 has come and I have yet to see how the Dualshock 4 actually operates during gameplay. Sure, there have been comments on the design and feel of the controller, but there have yet to be a single demonstration of two of its key features: the Share Button, Touchpad, and the Lightbar Motion Control.

And yes, I have searched for any video on the subject at hand and this is all I got:

Yeah, it really looks innovative and plays like the Dualshock 3, and that’s all we got….

That’s it, that’s the very limit to see how well this controller works during gameplay. There’s absolutely no demonstration of the three newest features of the dualshock 4 or, gasp, how much each controller costs to the average gamer.

However…as many of you have noticed by now, the PS4 has gained high attention with gamers as of late. For those of you who have not seen the press conference (yeah, like there isn’t anyone left on the net who hasn’t heard the news), here’s the following video.

You may wanna start watching it at the 30-35 minute mark.

And I’m pretty sure many of you are absolutely gushing right about now. Don’t worry, I’ll let you scream like the fangirls/fanboys that you are. I can wait.

In fact, the friend of an online friend of mine has an entry that pretty much sums up the gaming world’s feelings towards the E3 revelations Sony Computer Entertainment of America has given. Here’s a link. The only thing missing, though, is the appropriate music.

You know you wanna do the dance.

Okay, now that we’ve collectively gotten that out of our system, allow me the pleasure to continue?

I admit, the Playstation 4 does seem attractive and almost makes me want to buy it when it comes out. Note that I said “almost” because I’ve learned my lesson with its predecessor the PS3 and am going to wait until at least a year for any potential bugs to be fixed and I have seen/read any overviews as to how the PS4 does its backwards compatibility emulator. I’m not exactly, well, comfortable with the fact that I need the Cloud in order to play even my PS3 games.

Oh and, speaking of cloud. I’m sure many of you recall my earlier statement of the possibility of purchasing the Xbox 720 in this generation? Yeah I am completely retracting that statement considering microsoft’s plans on the platform now known as the Xbox One.

I forsee a great disturbance in the stocks
Aaaaand it got worse

Apparently I’m not the only one who thinks that’s the most stupidest and contradictory name for a next generation console.

Anyway, getting back on track, the idea that I have to connect to the internet in order to access the cloud in order to use an emulator for my older playstation games doesn’t sit well with me. Especially since in the previous generation, the PS3 had an emulator patch that doesn’t need to go online. That doesn’t feel right with me, reminds me too much of the Xbox One, so that’s another reason why I should hold off purchase of the PS4 at a much later date.

Additionally, it would appear that the PS4 comes standard with a 500 GB memory according to the Wikipedia article.

Which sounds absolutely terrific….if I hadn’t upgraded my PS3 with a replacement hard drive with that amount of space. Oh well, I was running out of space anyway, though I doubt that Sony would grace us with the ability to upload our game data from the PS3 to the PS4 in a similar manner to how one uploads data from an old PC to a new one nowadays.

At least, not without the Cloud. I don’t feel right about that idea….

Anyway, feel free to discuss below and please be civil with your responces. In the meantime, here’s a bit of nostalgia for those of you who are old enough to remember.

Who want’s to bet that the PS9 will come quicker than what the ad suggests?

image courtisy of http://uncrate.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home